Monday, October 29, 2007

Random Thoughts

Today is Monday. My hardest day of the week. I had a meeting from 11-noon, and class from 1-5 without a break. I get home around 5:30, and I have my church group at 7:30. I've pretty much decided that I will not get any work done on Mondays.

The test today was quite hard. It was in Linguistics, and it made my brain hurt. I think I'll get about a B. Hopefully I'll be surprised in a good way with my grade!

I feel bad for the women wearing the niqab, or the veil that covers them entirely in black, including gloves, a veil over their face, and stockings. Not only is it uncomfortable, it's unsafe! Especially walking around at night. As a matter of public safety, I think they should require reflective striping on the robes.

Normally my commute is about 30 minutes. This morning it took me almost an hour to get to school. Good thing I planned some extra time! The metro decided to stop at every station for a few minutes, go really slow, and randomly stop between stops, for I don't know how many minutes! I was on the coed car (not the women's car) and had a great seat. There was like six inches on either side of me. No sitting close to strange men this morning!

The other morning there was a man on the bench with his arms stretched out on the back of the bench. He was asleep. I wanted to sit next to him, and tried to nudge him awake. Finally one of the other men shouted at him and he moved his arm. I wasn't about to sit with some man's arm around my shoulders!

I decided to buy a new phone. My other phone got lost, but I really suspect the people cleaning the house stole it, as I had it the night before they came and then couldn't find it anywhere. Jeff suggested I get a PDA phone, and I think it's a great idea. I need the electronic reminders! No more missing classes and meetings for me. My host 'cousin' is going to take me shopping on Wednesday night. Supposedly he knows how to buy phones.

Okay, this is the end of my random thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Re: the man with the arm around you, I think you're just trying to get Jeff to come sooner.

    ReplyDelete