Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Feeling Faint

This morning I almost passed out on the Metro.

I was standing, but leaning against the back of the seats (a man had given up his spot for me when I got on). The car was REALLY SLOW. Like it took 1/2 hour to go 2 stops (normally the whole trip takes 25 minutes). Within that half hour, I started getting really sweaty. It was dripping down my back and front. It was hot, but I was sweating more than usual. My stomach started churning, and I started praying that I wouldn't puke.

I was standing under a fan, so I kept telling myself to breathe and stay calm. My vision was swirling. At the point where I could hardly see and my hearing started to fade, I reached out to the lady in front of me and said "please..." My hand was shaking a lot. Everyone moved quickly and let me have a seat by the window. I took my iPod out of my ears because I could hardly hear it anyway, and leaned forward in my seat. After a few minutes I felt much better and my hearing and sight came back. I realized my iPod was still playing music, so I put it away.

I still couldn't watch the opposite trains pass by me - it made me nauseous. I called a friend at school and told her I may not make it in to school in time for class.

I've never passed out before, except when I got kicked in the head in high school. It was awful. I'm bringing water with me on the metro from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment