Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Flowers

I've been pondering flowers. I love them. They're pretty, they smell good, and they don't do much more. On the way to the university, the median in the main road has pansies lining the edge of the sidewalk, with hedges of hibiscus and some other red flower in the center. It makes me happy to see them.

I also see flowers in areas filled with debris and trash. Bare, uncared for plants surrounded by traffic and pollution. Yet flowers persist in being pretty, always happily smiling at the sun. God just created them to do that. Despite their circumstances, they are always true to their nature. It makes me think that sometimes I need to stop working so hard to be something that I have in my head, and just be, as God created me, and constantly look up to him with a smile.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda B12:05 AM

    Hey - flowers help with pollenation. Didn't you see "Bee Movie"?

    ReplyDelete