Friday, November 16, 2007

Chipsy

The big brand of potato chips here is called Chipsy. They are quite good - they tend to be more thinly sliced, and are really cheap. The flavors are quite inteteresting. I finally became adventurous, and ventured beyond the (apparently) universal appeal of salt and vinegar. Some of the flavors I like: kebab, roasted chicken, and salt and vinegar. Flavors I pass on: tomato, old yellow cheese, lime and chili.

Chipsy is also the local producer of Doritos (by appointment of Pepsico, NY). The Doritos here are different. The chips are thicker, which I really like, and the flavors different. They have the orange bag (cheese and spices) and the blue bag (sweet chili). I only saw the blue bag for the first time a week ago, and I have to say it is not nearly as good as the orange bag.

One great thing about eating unhealthy food in a foreign country is that I have no idea how bad it actually is. I can't read the info on the back!



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:21 AM

    2 chips. that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Google on "Chipsy" and I found your blog. I wrote about Chipsy also on my blog, and seems like we both hate the same flavours! Nice to know you - Vince

    ReplyDelete