Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ponytails

I've realized that Egyptians like ponytails. And yes, I'm talking about a hairstyle.

I don't like the way my hair looks in a ponytail, or more accurately, I don't like the way a ponytail makes my face look.

But earlier this week I was in a hurry and didn't want to do anything to my hair. So I said khellas (that's it/finished!) and pulled my hair back in the dreaded ponytail. When I got to school, Nevine was sitting at the computer next to me. She said, "Sarah, you look so good with your hair like that! I've never seen you wear a ponytail before." I went to class and my students complimented me, "Miss, you look so nice today." I told them that doesn't earn any extra points, but they said, "No really, you look nice!"

My host mom always tells me she likes my hair like that when I have it pulled back to wash my face or something.

I guess I'm outvoted.

1 comment: