Friday, November 02, 2007

A New Direction

I'm dropping out of school to join a gospel choir.

This morning in church, we had a choir from Salem Baptist Church of Chicago lead worship. It was great! The Reverend (and U.S. Senator) James T. Meeks was there with a choir of about 30 people, and it was incredible. I decided theology is irrelevant - they have fun!

I managed to forget they were coming and therefore forgot my camera. But if you tune into TBN or another Christian Network, you're sure to see them on TV.

I also chatted with the woman next to me before service. She arrived here 3 weeks ago to work at the embassy. It was fun to enjoy the service with someone. Of course, I kept my natural reserve, but I'm convinced if I had a choir like this every week, that would drop in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment