Friday, November 02, 2007

Zombies: The Recurring Theme

My friend Amanda (see her comment here) will be happy to note that the topic of zombies came up in class the other day, and I wasn't the instigator.

I had compeletly forgotten about Halloween on Wednesday last week, until at the end of my last class, the professor ended by telling us about a plant in Haiti that makes people become zombies. I was pleased to share about World War Z with him.

And just for kicks, I completed the risk factor calculator available on the website. I didn't have an option for living outside the US, so I guessed what my location is most similar to. If I had lived through the Zombie War, I would have had a 30% chance of survival. I'm sure it's actually lower, as Cairo is extremely crowded and the culture is quite different than what the calculator is made for.

I'd be interested to know all of your survival rates... leave a comment!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:36 PM

    I would have a 41% chance of survival. Being willing to live in the Canadrian tundra probably boosted my score, but I have my doubts about being actually able to get out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 30% chance of survival, owing a lot to my lack of current lack of health to be sure... probably also because I don't own a boat, have only an occassional familiarity with firearms, no military experience.

    ReplyDelete