Friday, August 24, 2007

Fly PDX

I love the Portland Airport. I'm sitting here waiting for my flight to Cairo and I can access the free WiFi here. That's right - I'm on my way!

It is so strange how my life has focused toward a particular day, August 24, for so many months, and it is finally here. Now I'm thinking about the next day, December 18, when I fly back. Don't get me wrong, I fully intend to live in the moment each day, and I'm guessing school deadlines will overshadow my return for a while during the semester.

About 3 to 4 weeks ago I prayed for God to tell me where I am living. I told him, "I'm being obedient and going even if I don't have a place to live, but it would really be nice to know ahead of time." Last night when I checked my email at 1 a.m., I had an email from Michelle responding to my Craigslist ad for needing an apartment and roommate(s). She sent details and pictures, and so now I have somewhere to land. It is available September 1, and my hotel is reserved through August 30. I'm guessing I'll be able to stay another night.

I'm feeling much better now about leaving. I can actually start to think about school and what I enjoy about Cairo rather than worrying about where I'm going to live. I do ask for prayer that I will have a good relationship with my two flatmates. I will be sharing a room with a Ugandan. They are both AUC grad students in different programs from mine.

The flight is boarding!!

1 comment:

  1. You think August 24, 2007 was a big day, wait until your wedding date. I'm sure that will be a much bigger deal! Then your due dates for babies... Then your kid's graduation date... I'm sure I'm getting way ahead of myself.

    ReplyDelete