Friday, August 31, 2007

A Word on Weather

I've mentioned that it is hot here in Cairo. I haven't really gone into details, so I thought I'd take a moment to briefly describe for all of you what it is like here.

In a word, it's a sauna. Standing in the Metro cars, I can usually feel sweat rolling down my neck, back, and legs. No matter what I wear, it gets wet. The temperature has been in the 90's, and humidity in the 50% plus range. Today is actually quite pleasant at 95 degrees and only 39% humidity.

The heat and jet lag have disturbed my sleep quite a bit. If I'm not awake because it's too hot, I'm awake because my body is telling me it's time to be awake. I usually take a nap sometime in the late afternoon.

Anyway, when I say it's hot, I mean it's too hot to go anywhere or do anything between 1 and 5 p.m.

I will never complain about weather in Oregon again!

No comments:

Post a Comment