Saturday, February 02, 2008

Frankfurt Again

I’m sitting in the Frankfurt airport, typing this to be posted later. So far, the flights have been turbulent, but otherwise unremarkable. I was seated in the very back of the plane from Dulles to Frankfurt, but it was surprisingly quiet. The plane was huge; one of those with 5 seats in the middle and 3 on each side. Toward the back, there was only 2 on each side, and the man sitting next to me slept most of the time after some polite chitchat.

I had 3 hours in Dulles, which I passed by eating (found a cheap sandwich shop), playing solitaire on my computer, and buying a book. About an hour before the flight left, I packed up my stuff and decided to get some exercise by walking up and down the concourse. I stopped at a Borders to buy a book, and couldn’t find my wallet. I went back to where I was sitting, and the people sitting around directed me to the podium. My wallet has 3 pieces of photo ID in the front window, but I still had to show my passport to prove my identity. Weird. Anyway, I wasn’t at all nervous, which felt strange. Maybe I was just too tired, and I only had $40 in cash.

I have to say, Lufthansa has the best airplane meals I’ve ever had. Except for the breakfasts (scary egg brick and… sausage?), I’ve yet to be grossed out by anything they serve. Especially the desserts. Today it was a great chocolate mousse, and in the past they even served little individual ice cream cartons (organic strawberry from England). The trail mix I bought in Dulles was a good investment.

About an hour until my flight leaves. Perhaps I’ll play Spider Solitaire.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:30 PM

    spider solitaire? Is that on your seat monitor on the plane? I'm looking forward to that jewell game on my flight to Japan! - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've liked British Airways food. Aeroflot (as could be supposed) has been an experience sometimes... I wish I could remember what Korean Airlines food was like back 20 years ago... One of these days I'll have to fly Singapore Airlines. I've heard it's the best of the world...

    ReplyDelete