Saturday, February 02, 2008

Weekly Organizer Fun

The night before I left home, I made an impulse purchase of a weekly organizer. Okay, it wasn't really an impulse purchase, but I had tuned out school and everything associated with it, until I saw the store display and remembered how out-of-control I felt without Microsoft Outlook.

Today I decided to start getting organized and write my class schedule in the new planner. Immediately, I recognized a problem. The planner is created for a Monday - Friday workweek, with a Saturday/Sunday weekend. My workweek in Cairo is Sunday - Thursday, with a Friday/Saturday weekend. So I promptly went through the calendar, crossing out the days of the week and rewriting the days I need. I finished the semester and went back to the regular week on June 9, after I come home.

The good thing about doing that is I realized how quickly the semester will pass. I intend to live in the present, but at the moment I just miss home!

Hopefully this planner will help me not miss any meetings or classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment