Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Difficult Day

Today was rough. I knew it would be, at 1:30 this morning as I was falling asleep and planning to get up at 8 am. Wednesdays are long for me, as I'm in class (teaching and taking) from 11:45 to 3:00 without a break. I went to bed earlier than 1:30, I just couldn't sleep. I woke up at 2:15 to apply cream to my 9 mosquito bites. I woke up at 3:15 with the call to prayer. I woke up at 6:00 to a strange sound in my room. I looked around, couldn't figure out what the sound was, and went back to sleep. I woke up at 7 am and found out what the sound was.


Here's a picture of my room:


That is not dark blue paint. It's water. The following two pictures were taken at 7:15 and 7:45:


Apparently a pipe burst or something, right above my bedroom. The water was even leaking out of the building. I came home around 4, and this is my bedroom from the inside and out:







So my brilliant plan to get up early and finish the readings for class today didn't work. I had a meeting from 10-11, during which I found out I shouldn't do what I had planned for my class that day (at 11:45), so I had to scramble to get tomorrow's lesson ready for today. Of course, the computer I used had network printer problems, and the photocopy machine kept jamming.


I'm off to take a nap. Maybe then I'll feel like reading a bit. One more day till the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:36 PM

    You can do anything when you put your mind to it- I knwo sometimes days are harder than others but in the end everything works out according to God's plan- I hope your nap helped =D

    ReplyDelete