Sunday, September 23, 2007

Explosions, Bruises, and Other Strange Happenings

The weekend was quite eventful! After playing Dominoes for 3 hours on Thursday night, we went out for ice cream. On the way home, "dad" let me drive! It was quite exciting, and felt weird after a month of not driving. However, I did great and we made it home safely.

On Saturday morning the shower exploded. Let me explain. The hot water heater is right next to the bathtub and when the water is turned on, the pilot light ignites the flame that heats the water as you shower. When the water is turned off, the flames are supposed to go out, leaving the pilot light again. Well, I turned off the water, and the flames didn't go out. I was looking at it, and noticed a strange smell and odd noises. As I was reaching over to turn off the gas, it exploded. All kinds of vapor came out (turns out it was just water). I screamed, and once I realized I wasn't hurt, I jumped out of the bathtub (bruising my shin in the process). Dad came running in (I had the presence of mind to grab a towel!). Most of you know, I am NOT a screamer. I don't think I've ever screamed so loud in my life - my throat was sore, and I was pretty shaky. I guess this happened once before, a couple months ago. I have no idea why it exploded, but it was pretty scary.

Last night I was in my room, and managed to stab myself in the heel of my foot with a sewing needle. I have no idea why it was on the ground, but I ended up backing my heel onto it. I couldn't walk for a few minutes. Today it's a little sore!

Finally, I was walking home today, and almost got hit by a motorcycle. The driver was stupid. We were heading toward each other, but I had a parked car on my left and a moving care on my right. I had no where to go! The motorcycle squeezed by me and the car, almost taking me out in the process.

So that's been my life for the last couple days... will it ever settle down?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:56 PM

    Wow - rough time with water and pipes! I hope you get through the rest of the week without any major hazards. :-)

    ReplyDelete