Monday, September 17, 2007

Strange signs and other oddities

I think I'm taking this teacher thing a little too far...Here's a fun little quiz for all my readers:

There's a sign I walk by every day. The sign reads, "The Top Of Performance it is not just a slogan but a commitment to our costumer". Which company is it for?
A. National Theatre Company
B. National Cement Company
C. The Metro System
D. National Sewing Company

Egyptians put the following on their pizza:
A. Faheta chicken
B. Hot dogs
C. Ketchup
D. Frish tomatoes
E. All of the above

If a student has a mobile in class (against school policy), what should I do?
A. Take away the phone for the class
B. Take away the phone for a day (until I see them the next day)
C. Make them give me 5 pounds
D. Other

So please, let me know what you think! Post your answer to at least number 3 as a comment. I'd be interested to see what you all say. Today I got 1.25 from students because they were talking in Arabic, which they aren't supposed to do. I think I'll be stocked with small change for a good while.

Tonight there's a big soccer match. I asked my students if they want homework tonight or tomorrow night, and they all said tomorrow because they want to watch the game. The men hanging out downstairs aren't playing Backgammon tonight - their chairs are all lined in a row watching TV.

The answers to 1 and 2 are B and E, respectively.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:08 AM

    You could make a lot of money from misbehaving students (and buy more shoes)! You could also practice the language of your choice by calling someone in the student's phone. Hmm . . .I'd say you should choose the biggest deterrent, be it grades, money, loss of phone use, or mild embarassment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not like you'll be reading this since it's been a while, but I'm all for a good thrashing of students... until I become one again--then I'll find it barbaric.

    ReplyDelete