Saturday, September 15, 2007

Random Pictures

More pictures by popular demand...

First, this is the view from where I'm sitting right now. I'm at a Coptic Monastary (supposedly where Jesus was when he came to Egypt) that has free WiFi.





I've left the church now. It was noisy and I felt a little odd being the only person not in a group. I'm at a "coffee shop" now, but it's more like a restuarant. I have to say, Egypt makes good lattes. This is the second one I've had (the other was at school), and they are way better than anything at home. Maybe because the milk they use is whole milk+ and I always order nonfat. The first Starbucks is coming soon to New Maadi. Hopefully my gift card will work, and I can get something better than NesCafe!

Anyway, the following picture is of men outside my window, five stories down. I hear them at night and smell the sheesha smoke.



Last night I bought a new pair of shoes. I've become tired of wearing sandals/flip flops all the time, and the only shoes I brought don't work with skirts (which is mostly what I wear). How much did dad win for saying I'd buy shoes within a month? But hey, for LE 60, they could last 2 weeks and I'd be happy.


Now I'm just having fun with the camera:


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:02 AM

    I like the shoes - I hope they aren't too uncomfortable in the heat! Maybe you should stock up with the great price . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:32 AM

    I like your shoes too. How much is 60??? Mom

    ReplyDelete